2017 HUSQVARNA MOTORCYCLE LIMITED WARRANTY
Only applicable to Husqvarna Motorcycles sold in the USA and Canada
I. CONDITION OF WARRANTY
Husqvarna Motorcycles North America, Inc. hereby warrants new and reconditioned demonstrator Husqvarna motorcycles purchased from an authorized Husqvarna dealer to be free from defect in materials and workmanship for the period of time stated herein, subject to certain limitations stated herein. This warranty applies only if the motorcycle has been properly set-up and serviced for pre-delivery by an authorized Husqvarna dealer. The warranty applies only if the motorcycle has been operated and maintained in accordance with the owner’s manual or other Husqvarna literature delivered with the motorcycle. This warranty is void if the OWNER’S REGISTRATION/PRE-DELIVERY INSPECTION FORM has not been completed in full and entered into Husqvarna Dealer.Net by the selling dealer within 24 hours of purchase.
II. PERIOD OF WARRANTY FOR MY 2017 HUSQVARNA MOTORCYCLES SOLD IN USA AND CANADA
Competition motorcycles or any other Husqvarna motorcycles used in competition:
Duration: 30 days from date of purchase.
This warranty is not transferable and applies to the original purchaser only.
TC 50, TC 65, TC 85, TC 125, TC 250,FC 250, FC 350, FC 450, TE 150, TE 250, TE 300, TX 300, FX 350, FX 450, FS 450, models and Reconditioned Demonstrator motorcycles.
Off-road motorcycles not used in Competition – FE 250, FE 350, FE 450, FE 501:
Duration: 6 months from date of purchase.
This warranty is not transferable and applies to the original purchaser only.
Applies to: FE 250, FE 350, FE 450, FE 501
701 Enduro, 701 Supermoto:
Duration: 24 months from date of purchase or 24,000 miles, whichever comes first.
This warranty can be transferred to subsequent owners within the stated warranty period.
Applies to: 701 Enduro, 701 Supermoto
- Any Husqvarna motorcycle specifically designed for and/or used in any type of competition is covered for 30 days from the date of purchase.
- Any Husqvarna motorcycle utilized commercially in connection with generating income and/or is commercially licensed or tagged (e.g. Rental) during the warranty period will be covered for 30 days from the date of purchase.
- The warranty period is effective on the date of purchase by the Original Purchaser and remains in effect only as stated above.
lll. PARTS COVERED BY THE WARRANTY
This warranty covers only the engine, frame and swingarm. No other components of the motorcycle are covered by any warranty, expressed or implied and are sold “as is.“ The frame is defined under this warranty as the main frame only of the motorcycle. The engine is defined under this warranty as parts, which are housed within the engine crankcase, including shafts, gears, and shifting mechanism. In addition to the engine crankcase, the warranty covers the crankshaft and ignition system. Husqvarna Motorcycles North America will repair or replace, at its option, any of these parts that are found to be defective in material or workmanship subject to the limitations of this warranty.
IV. WARRANTY LABOR COVERAGE
Labor to replace parts that are covered in the Husqvarna Motorcycles North America warranty, which are found to be defective in material or workmanship, is no charge to the original purchaser. Warranty repairs must be done only with the authorization of Husqvarna North America. Labor costs to replace any parts without authorization from Husqvarna North America, or any other parts not covered in the Husqvarna Motorcycles North America warranty are not covered.
V. GENERAL EXCLUSIONS FROM WARRANTY
This warranty does not cover any failures resulting from, or caused by:
- Lack of proper maintenance.
- Modification, alterations, and installation of parts that are not genuine Husqvarna parts or supplied as original equipment.
- Damages due to accident, collision, abuse or neglect.
- Normal wear components, including, but not limited to, the following: piston and piston rings, Nikasil cylinder coating, all bearings, all seals, all clutch components, transmission gear engagement “dogs,“ final-drive chain and sprockets, brake components, suspension valving and carburetor jetting.
- Misuse, such as, but not limited to, using incorrect fuel, using gasoline additives, not suitable lubricants and coolants, improper carburetor jetting, altering the electronic fuel injection system, owner installed replacement parts.
- Piston/cylinder seizures.
Vl. OWNER RESPONSIBILITY
Owner is responsible for maintaining his/her motorcycle in accordance with the schedule printed in the Husqvarna owner’s manual.
- Owner is responsible for the costs of maintenance to the motorcycle including service at scheduled intervals. Service work properly done by the owner will not void the warranty. Failures caused directly by lack of maintenance or improper maintenance will void the warranty.
- If warranty repairs are needed, they must be performed by an authorized Husqvarna Motorcycles dealership. The owner may be asked to provide the following documentation of proper maintenance: a maintenance record which displays the date of service and service work performed, copies of repair orders/ receipts, a statement that the owner performed the service work including receipts for the replacement parts/ gaskets/ filters/ fluids etc. that were used to complete the service.
- Return the Husqvarna motorcycle to an authorized Husqvarna motorcycle dealer within ten (10) days after discovery of any defective parts. Your Husqvarna Motorcycles dealer should initially determine if the particular Husqvarna component(s) in question are to be submitted to Husqvarna Motorcycles North America for evaluation. All warranty work must be performed by an authorized Husqvarna Motorcycles dealer.
- Husqvarna Motorcycles North America does not authorize any company or person to create a liability or any warranty obligation on its own behalf. Husqvarna Motorcycles North America in its sole discretion will make the final disposition of any component(s) submitted for warranty evaluation. All parts and components returned to Husqvarna Motorcycles North America, and replaced under this warranty shall become the property of Husqvarna Motorcycles North America.
VlI. LIMITATIONS ON WARRANTY
THE LIMITED WARRANTY DESCRIBED IN THIS TWO-PAGE DOCUMENT IS THE ONLY WARRANTY THAT APPLIES TO YOUR MOTORCYCLE. HUSQVARNA MOTORCYCLES NORTH AMERICA MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE OF ANY KIND EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. NO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILTY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR ANY PURPOSE, IS APPLICABLE TO ANY PRODUCT SOLD BY HUSQVARNA MOTORCYCLES NORTH AMERICA. BUYER AND ALL OTHER PARTIES WHO CONTRACT WITH HUSQVARNA MOTORCYCLES NORTH AMERICA, HEREBY SPECIFICALLY AND KNOWLEDGEABLY WAIVE ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. ALSO EXCLUDED FROM THIS WARRANTY ARE ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES INCLUDING LOSS OF USE. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS, WHICH VARY, FROM STATE TO STATE. THE CONTENTS STATED HEREIN ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
Vlll. HOW TO OBTAIN WARRANTY SERVICE
To receive any type of warranty service, take your Husqvarna motorcycle and warranty registration document to any authorized Husqvarna Motorcycles dealer during normal service hours. If you are unable to receive satisfactory warranty service at a Husqvarna dealer, or you are dissatisfied with a warranty decision, please write to the following address: Husqvarna Customer Service Department, 1119 Milan Ave., Amherst, Ohio 44001
We will need the following information in order to assist you:
- Your name, address and telephone number
- Product model and vehicle identification number (frame number)
- Date of purchase
- Dealer name and address
- Nature of problem