The hydro-formed, laser-cut and robot-welded frame is expertly crafted. Constructed with specifically calculated parameters of longitudinal and torsional flex, the frame provides exceptional rider feedback, energy absorption, and straight-line stability. Additionally, the frame features forged brackets for mounting the newly designed skid plate, which is available as a Technical Accessory.
Rotational masses in the frame and the forged steering head connection have been repositioned. Together with the new shock mounting, which is no longer connected to the main tube, the anti-squat of the chassis has been significantly improved. Also, the wall thickness of the frame has been optimised to achieve improved reliability and specific rigidity in high stress areas such as the steering head and the shock mounts. Parallel frame mounts (same position on left and right sides) improve chassis flex characteristics, while stability characteristics remain unrivalled.
Another highlight of the new frame topology is that the footrest mounting positions have been moved inwards, resulting in less susceptibility to catching in deep ruts or when scrubbing jumps. The overall size of the all-new footrests has been increased, designed with the help of state-of-the-art Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD). The new one-piece steering head seal allows easier mounting in case of replacement or service and offers improved reliability.
The frame is finished off in a premium metallic blue powder coating. The standard frame protectors feature a new and improved topology, guaranteeing superior protection, durability, and advanced grip in any condition.
- Specifically engineered longitudinal rigidity → exceptional rider feedback, energy absorption and stability
- Repositioned rotational masses and new shock mounting → significantly improved anti-squat of chassis
- Topology-optimised frame wall thickness for specific rigidity and improved reliability in high-stress areas (e.g., steering head, shock mount)
- New parallel frame mounts (same position on left and right side) for improved flex characteristics
- Footrest mounting position moved inwards for reduced risk of catching in deep ruts or when scrubbing
- New, service friendly one-piece steering head seal → easier mounting, improved reliability
- Durable powder coated finish with standard frame protectors
Polyamide-reinforced aluminium subframe
Using 60% polyamide and 40% aluminium, the two-piece subframe has a total weight of just 1.8 kg. With the help of computational dynamics, specific rigidity was engineered into the light and robust subframe, delivering outstanding handling and rider comfort.
The lower subframe spars and frame mounts are made from cast aluminium profiles to guarantee robustness and reliability where needed. The upper subframe is made from injection-moulded polyamide, enabling specific flex characteristics and allowing a lightweight construction.
- New topology-optimised polyamide/aluminium hybrid construction
- Lower subframe spars and frame mounts made from (cast) aluminium profiles → extremely robust and reliable (no weld joints)
- Upper subframe made from injection-moulded polyamide → specific rigidity and flex benefit handling and comfort